Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A New Project

Considering I can't get far with my video production..for now...a new project. I stumbled across an email from an old fraternity bro. Actually he's in charge of the alumni. In recent years I've just scanned his updates but this time noticed they needed a webmaster. Frankly the current site was very boring and dated. The guy in charge knows programming very well, but is very weak on design.

So it's time to bring the fraternity site into 2012. Below is a first draft. Actually I've tinkered with so much it's probably my 20th draft. This comprehension thing of mine is gaining ground. Could it really be about what you eat?


I'm finding all sorts of gizmos to use, including this free calendar that practically anyone can update, but adding those little graphics does take some getting used to for a novice. I've looked at all the fraternity charge websites and only one looks like competition in so far as nice looking. I'm hoping these alumni can be proud of what they have once the annual convention takes place August 1.

It's an important time for the fraternity because some yahoo brothers back in the early 90's let the house and everything else go down the tubes. Now there's help being offered in building a brand new house and I wanted to be a part of it...finally.

There's gonna be all sorts of cool stuff..IF I GET WHAT I WANT, particularly pictures and information about the current members and so forth. I can even get some video up there as I have a separate page devoted to that. All someone has to do is send good  raw footage and it's almost done. We'll have a message from Andy (the president of the alumni) but his wife will have to handle nearly all of it.

I'm excited about this. Let's see..some more pics...this looks clearer..I had no idea how to embed another website into the existing. Now there's no reason to go off this site to see the main fraternity site..but it needs some tinkering to size the whole page.


Photo galleries. No clicking required. Just hover over a small image and it shows in the big box. Notice "need description." That's what it's all about to make this thing hum...I know two guys in the main pic. Time to go outdoors. I've let things go the past ten days. The lawn hasn't been mowed in three weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment