Saturday, March 30, 2013

Thomas H Yorke Jr - Abington, Montgomery County Pa

Forgot I started this...

Another series in the family tree stuff. This one takes me to my grandfather Thomas or as he is sometimes shown or reported as Thos H. Yorke, Jr. The first image is self explanatory as the date is shown. He never did become a fireman, but did spend his life either driving a fuel truck or in later years worked as a machinist at Standard Pressed Steel in Jenkintown I believe.

Moving into the future, here's picture of him at the Gettysburg Civil war site at the age of 24.

The ancesrty.com trial is over so I no longer have access to interesting census stuff. Besides I think I went back as far as I could go because prior to the mid 1800's if there was information, it was too generic. In other words, there may be lists on passenger ships from Europe but that's about it. No way to distinguish if it is the actual person.

The picture below is probably around 1943 when my Uncle Tom was one year old. Also shown is Barbara Ann Yorke my mother who will turn 80 this July.


Taking a closer look at mom, who was called Shirley Temple's stand in by all family members in what appear to be around 1940.





No comments:

Post a Comment