Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ooops. Little Wind and...

Had I waited another five minutes to look out the window while eating lunch I imagined the fire department down here pumping water from the creek to ward off a forest fire. Scared me and I hustled like crazy to put this thing out. Kind of reminds me of my younger days while playing with gas and matches. Don't all kids try it at least once? I almost burned down the stables when I was about ten. Not sure if any family members knew about that.


Weather getting too warm. Something like 81 degrees today. Even some Tulips have appeared up the drive. Too bad the Violas are not as bushy as other areas but they have been making a comeback in this area since my return. Maybe another month and some great color?


Early spring project on the south side of the driveway.  Removing compacted gravel and filling with composted mulch. I figured I'd go nuts with rows of Marigolds as they did so well last year in good soil. Throw in some Cactus Zinnias behind the fence and there will be some major color up there come July. Incidentally that particular Zinnia claims 2-3 feet height on the package, but grew from three to seven feet last year.


A few plants picked up at the Lions Club sale in May of 2009? Christmas Rose. Seems they want to bloom now.


More Daffodils up the driveway planted last November.




And several at the top of the driveway with a Forsythia bush.


No comments:

Post a Comment