Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What's Up This Spring?

I'm getting a little itchy to do something this year, but it may be time to focus on perennials. I do have a number of two year perennials that should do well this year and need to be moved, otherwise they'll crowd one another out. And who knows what kinds of seeds were dropped last year with the likes of.

  • Larkspur or that other name
  • Coneflowers
  • Painted Daisy
  • Shasta Alaska 
  • A few others I cannot recall
As it stands I may not be in Georgia during April and May (possibly June too) this spring as my business plans will take me to the Philly area. Yep, said it before, but I'm crossing my fingers this is finally it. I've been in touch with the guy who got me to where I am today. He introduced me to selling flooring on the web. And with the amount of business that will be going on along the Jersey shore due to the hurricane it should be a busy year. This means I may be getting back into eCommerce...as long as I don't have to handle the day to day BS. Lot's of opportunity and finally my chance to prove the naysayers wrong.

Hopefully we'll be hooking up with the Philly Floor Store

So, that leads to a smaller garden area this year for sure. I'm definitely not going to plant up along the drive as nothing seems to want to thrive. Good soil and water didn't even work?? Forget all those petunias too. I can't figure out why they didn't last through the summer and fall. Well they did, but just  looked raggedy into August even after cutting them back.  Soil was decent and it was a wet summer.

Impatiens? Geesh, I miss them. They created the show. They always create the show, but no go this summer. Maybe 2014. Let's see what happens. A fella down the road in Bonita just planted a slew of them last week. His garden last year was the first time I noticed the disease. We all blamed it on a heavy rain, but I guess he never did realize (or became knowledgeable) of how rampant the disease is. He still doesn't believe me after I explained my findings.."they'll do okay."


No comments:

Post a Comment