Saturday, March 6, 2010

Conestoga Wagons Train Stuck In Mud

Or that's what it will almost look like once I finish the hoop gardens. Windy weather has prevented the completion. Windy? I thought you didn't get wind down there in that valley? When it blows big time in the area I get some of it, but too much to try wrapping plastic around the hoops. Besides I have other stuff to take care of.
Finally got some cow crappings. I wish I had taken the camera along. I was referred to another dairy farm (started in 1840 or so the sign says) in a gorgeous valley setting. Homer Wright Road, about eight miles from home. They had oodles of wonderful stuff to enrich the gardens around here. For twelve bucks a scoop, I consider it a good deal, but I had to hand shovel it in the back of the truck. Heavy crap indeed. I was plum tuckered out, but not being in shape with all this cold weather has much to do with it.


I'll take up the offer of having it delivered when I need more. Two yards for $45 delivered by Yolando. I don't think he's a native. There were plenty of those guys around on the farm. Story has it the weather may get into the 60's this weekend. Yea, I keep looking and looking for warmer weather...but. Last March about this time there were for four straight days over 70 degrees...topping out at 82 one day.

More seeds on the way.  I won't be able to get all of them under the hoops, as I figure I have only 78 square feet to work with. Each little greenhouse measures 4 foot by 6 foot. If all goes well I may just do this up on top of the hill next year on a larger scale by clearing out some trees. Need firewood anyway.

Seeds ordered:

I got a case of click here for more..they're inexpensive. Now I have doubts if I can grow Begonias.


Swallowtail Gardens

IMPATIENS, XTREME WHITE 100 SEEDS
IMPATIENS, TEMPO WHITE 100 SEEDS
IMPATIENS, XTREME SALMON 100 SEEDS
ASTILBE, SHOWSTAR 25
BEGONIA, ILLUMINATION PEACHES 'N CREAM 25 PELETTED SEEDS
BEGONIA, GO GO SALMON 100 PELETTED SEEDS
BEGONIA, GO GO CHERRY 100 PELETTED SEEDS
SWEET PEA, MAMMOTH NAVY BLUE 50
SWEET PEA, FIREBRAND 50

Previous Order (Feb 25) From TM Seeds. Lousy service so far...no word

GRASSES ANEMANTHELE LESSONIANA
AQUILEGIA YELLOW STAR
COSMOS BIPPINATUS RUBENZA
DELOSPERMA STARDUST
SWEET WILLIAM SOOTY- black flowers!!
DIANTHUS MICROCHIPS
GRASSES: PANICUM VIRGATUM
HOLLYHOCK ROSEA HALO WHITE
LOBELIA QUEEN VICTORIA
VERBENA ST GEORGE

No comments:

Post a Comment