Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Time For Some Maintenance

I let this repair drag on mainly because I didn't want to hear the worst case scenario. My fear is the drain field may be clogged from who knows what. Having discovered and uncovered part of where the septic was two months ago, the honey truck was finally called in. Knowing very little about the systems, that darned Sycamore only 20 feet away tree started leaching into it. Scott the crapper pumper mentioned in typical Georgia drawl..."Kin, you jest mite have some roots growin' and cloggin' it all up(where it empties into the drain field) on the other side."

Shown in the first pic is a side view before pumping. This is a 1,000 gallon tank (two people have said that) that I guess measures something like 10 x 10 x 10...but it looks like only five feet wide? Apparently it extends about 10 feet to the left in the picture below.


Shown from above or on the side porch, all sorts of smallish roots and matted material...


So that's where I'm at now. I need to dig up other side so I can access the other lid and find out what's clogging it. Hopefully it's a simple cure because the drain field runs into my new garden areas. Why this tank was built this way doesn't make sense, but this place was designed as a weekend retreat and not a permanent home. Accessing the tank requires digging under two foot of soil. I suppose it needs to be pumped every 5-7 years according to Scott but I have plans for a wooden stair way here similar to the one on the other side of the house but longer... That sure screws things up!

And we have a roofer in the house. After the bird feeder got dumped a few months ago it needed a roofing repair....

No comments:

Post a Comment