Thursday, November 19, 2009

Muskogee Crepe Myrtle

I've been thinking for awhile about what to do up the driveway, Something that will stand out and grow fast. At first I had considered Hollyhocks then came across the Crepe Myrtle. Wow! Stunning I think, and the darned things grow 4-5 feet each year reaching 15-25 feet. What's more is they bloom for about four months. Definitely lot's of color in your face making the turn in the bend of the driveway.

Before...

After....

Expensive? Yes, larger ones, but I'm trying to get my hands on some 3 gal sizes, maybe in the $20 each range. I figure ten along the fence line. Seems there are some growers about an hour south of Atlanta that I may look into.

More information about the tree here.

2 comments:

  1. Dad, can you please bring 2 containers of peach cider down when you come. Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture is fake.

    ReplyDelete