Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Back Road To Blue Ridge

...and Home Depot. After all what's a person to do when it's raining? Just a drizzle most of the morning but found some interesting views and pics along the way. I never look at maps driving around here; just figure I'll find my way out somewhere.

Here's a home nearby or on Roy Road. I've taken pictures here before. I can see they are serious gardeners by the fresh mulch pile not seen. Moving along through several valleys and up and down winding roads.


Plenty of old pickup trucks around...


This is not an unusual scene in the mountains...


But this one is...


The cows probably don't get many visitors. All heads are pointed towards me.


Getting darker as I head deeper into the morning fog and a gravel road. Ut. oh I thought...dead end somewhere up the way? Who cares.


I must be getting closer to populated areas? For sale too...


The Blue Ridge Dam and Lake... I started out on the other side of the mountain peaks about 30 miles southeast or an hour drive. Elevations in the 3,000 to 4,100 foot range.



The other side of the dam...

No comments:

Post a Comment