Friday, August 7, 2009

Neglected Projects - Back To Life

I've abondaned a few projects along the way. It's kind of... well...I'm not in the mood for that today. One in particular is this cabinet I was going to make to store all of my video equipment. Started in late June, it still sits on the side porch under a tarp.

I spent a half day on that one and was asked "are you sure you want to start that now?" Somebody was right. Six weeks and no progress. I'm still not in the mood. When finished it will stand eight foot tall by about 44 inches wide and will go against the wall where the clock is.

Here's another stalled project down near the creek. This one has been going on since last September. I had ideas to stick a fire pit in there somewhere but...I may have other places for it. I may just extend the same dimension for the path and create a low growing garden in between it and the creek?

And the next one has really been bugging me. What a frigging mess. I do need a little extra area underneath to store stuff especially the plant things as they are begining to get numerous. You would think there's enough room in the original storage/tool shed but half of it is taken up by furniture that I brought up from Florida. I had plans to put an addition on this place where Fred now "stands." But I don't think it's a wise choice for now.

So. I'm going to give it a whirl and create some space under there with a lattice cover. This one sounds promising. I just may head out to Lowes for some lumber. Somebody, I wonder who? Hinted at creating a small space for garden stuff and I think she's right. It would fit in nicely.

Hopefully it will look something like this, but not white.

Before on east side...

After...

No comments:

Post a Comment